Wednesday, August 7, 2013

A Firefighters Wife.....

This past week, Captain Benjamin Moore of the Charlotte Fire Department passed away.  While Kevin did not know him, and I did not know him, he was a part of our extended family.  That is what the fire department is, family.  His funeral service was taped and an email I received encouraged me to listen to the 32 minute mark of the service.  I did.  It was about being a firefighters wife, and how it is a calling to do so.  I believe that God has a calling for each of us in this life.  For Kevin a firefighter, for me a teacher and a firefighters wife.  I am guilty of giving Kevin a hard time about him having 24 hours at the station to have fun and get some sleep.  While I know that is not true everyday, he enters into harms way.  I am thankful for his duty and sacrifice.  I don't tell him that enough.  I am thankful that he has the courage to run into a burning building to sacrifice his own life to save others.  I am thankful that he took the time to receive training to do CPR to bring life back.  I am thankful for my firefighter.  Kevin has a servants heart, he is always doing for others before himself.

  So, Kevin, when you click on our blog to see if I am sticking to my word to update it, I hope you know how much we 3 love you!  We are so thankful for you.  May God guide and protect you on any calls you may run! (I sound like I am saying the blessing at the 13 house!)


No comments:

Post a Comment